Monday, May 21, 2018

Maple Syrup Designs and Stamping Bella!

Hey!! Welcome back! Colleen from Maple Syrup Designs and I are back with our second post this month featuring stamps and dies from Stamping Bella.  As I mentioned in our last post, I'm new to this line of stamps but have fallen in love! These are some of the sweetest images, ever!

I used the Lyla Loves Leaves-Tiny Townie Cling Stamp Set and its co-ordinating die.  I decided to do some watercolour today as I really want to improve those skills!

I started by stamping Lyla in Versafine Smokey Grey Ink onto Canson Watercolour paper and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. I chose this particular ink because it stays dry long enough to emboss and also for the colour.  I felt black might have been to harsh.


There are a couple of leaf images in this stamp set which are very cute! But I wanted to change the theme a bit. I went through my stamps and found a balloon image in the Friends for All Seasons-all Stamp set from WPlus9.  


I thought the scale of these two images went well together.  I used a set of watercolour paints from Amazon to do the colouring.  I had a piece of left over paper that was stamped using a polka dot background stamp and decided to use it on this project. I wanted to make sure i used some coordinating colours.


I used the matching dies to cut out the images. I also decided to use the little speech bubble from the Friends For All Seasons set and stamped, embossed and die cut it as well.


I used a scalloped die from MFT to create a sky like background. I used the same watercolour paper and paints.  Everything was adhered using foam adhesive.


She is just so adorable!!


I love when you are able to mix and match your supplies as well!!!


I added a few Clear Sequins for embellishments and actually resisted the sparkle penned Glossy Accents :) !!

And just to let you know, THE WINNER of the Surprise Stamping Bella Set is on Colleens Blog!!!

Thank you to all who commented!! You're kind words and support mean so much!!

Until next time...stay crafty!!

Laurie











1 comment:

  1. Your Lyla is adorable, especially with her bouquet of balloons that have set her afloat to bring a lucky someone Happy Birthday wishes! So sweet! Perhaps a new set to be coined: Lyla Loves Balloons *grin*
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...