Thursday, March 15, 2018

My Creative Time 77th Edition Sneak Peek Day 2!

Hi friends!! I'm happy you're here!!  Today is Day Two of sneak for the 77th Edition for My Creative Time!


Yesterday we showed you the new Tulip Frame Die.  Today comes the Daisy Frame Die!!  Just like the Tulip Frame, this die packs a punch!  I'll show you two different ways to use it.

Because I'm ready for spring, I chose a bright yet pastel colour palette.  I started by cutting a plaid piece of patterned paper with the largest of the Stitched Postage Frame Dies. I then took the Daisy Frames Die and cut it from the centre of the plaid panel as well as a piece of blue cardstock.  I foam mounted the Postage panel onto the front of an A2 top folding cardbase and adhered the blue Daisy Frame into the negative space...wow, that was a lot of words! Here's a look at what I mean :)


This die set also comes with 2 separate flower pieces and centres that can be die cut separately. I chose to die cut them out of the same patterned paper.  There is two die cut on each flower. I just rotated them slightly to give a fuller look.


I stamped the sentiment which comes from the Spring Smiles stamp set (which was also sneak peeked yesterday) in a bright pink ink directly onto the card front.  I added a few clear droplets and some glitter to the centre of the flowers.


This card makes me happy!!

Now, let me quickly show you another way to use this die!  For this card, I die cut the Daisy Frame Die out of white cardstock but instead of using the whole thing, I snipped the flowers off.  I die cut a couple of the separate layer pieces and did some quick alcohol marker colouring.


After layering them up, I used the Scalloped Stitched Rectangular Dies to cut a piece of ivory and pink cardstock.  I added a bit of Gathered Twigs Distress Ink around the edges for a slightly vintage look.  I stamped a sentiment in the same Distress Ink and adhered the flowers. A few pink crystals finish this card off!


Now how about a look at the giveaway details?!

***Sneak Peek giveaway!***
We will be giving away the sets we are showcasing each day to ONE lucky winner! For example, the set we are showcasing on Wednesday, Emma will announce the winner of that on Thursday & the sets we are showcasing on Thursday, Emma will announce that winner on Friday on my blog! ALL you have to do is leave a comment on each of our blogs! You are NOT required to comment on EVERY SINGLE blog, but the more you comment on, the more chances you have for winning! VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE leave a way for us to contact you w/your comment just in case "YOU" are the lucky winner! For EXTRA entries, you can spread the word about this release on Facebook, tweet about it OR even instagram it! #mycreativetime! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE & let's start spreading the word!;)
Thank you all so much for stopping by again today! We'll be back with a Blog Hop tomorrow, see you then!!

Laurie




16 comments:

  1. OMG Miss Laurie...What Gorgeous Cards!! Love the playful Whimsical look of the 1st card!! Love the colors and the papers....Outstanding Creative ideas with all of your layers...sure makes for a Sweet and Adorable look!! Your 2nd card is so demure and Sweet..love the soft colors and how you shaded the the edges and the dimension you added to the flower just makes for a Sweet and Elegant look!! You so did a Super Outstanding Creative job and showcased today's Sneaky Peek in a most Incredible way!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your first card is wonderful. I love how you used the negative space to insert your framed daisies. Plaid is my favorite, the extra fluffy flower is wonderful. Your 2nd card has such clean lines. The enamel dots & glitter you used is outstanding. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards!!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun cards! Love the patterned flowers on the first one and how you pulled the daisies from the frame for the second! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful cards. I really love the pastel colors, and those water droplets look so real. Love it!! tfs
    dlhernandez16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Both cards are fabulous! Love all the layers, extra details and soft touches you added.
    crafts.petersen(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love how you were so creative with these cards! Both are so pretty!
    Tbowle1b@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. just when I thought these cards couldnt get any prettier ,you make one in different colors!!! how AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards. Love the plaid on the first one.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are so pretty! I like how you did the frame on the first card.
    gailliz11atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards!! I love the plaid on your petals!!! vonmariedesign@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute cards!! I love the plaid daisies! tjwitney21@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the plaid petals that match
    the background paper. These are
    wonderful flowers. thanks for
    sharing. txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful paper choices for the first card and the layers are so pretty. I really like the inking on your second card. Wonderful card design ideas.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color combos and the cute plaid daisies! Beautiful cards!
    deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  16. just adorable cards
    amantedelpapel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...