Wednesday, March 14, 2018

My Creative Time 77th Edition Sneak Peek Day One!!

Hello everyone and welcome to the first day of Sneak Peeks for My Creative Time!!


This release is super pretty and perfect for your spring cards! Today we're taking a look at the new Tulip Frame Die and Springtime Smiles Stamp Set. These two beauties were made for each other!

I started by die cutting the Tulip Frame Die out of the centre of an A2 sized white card panel. I used the negative portion of the die as a mask and inked 3 different Distress Inks through it onto another white card panel.


I ended up cutting the ink blended panel down with the largest die in the More Stitched Rectangular Dies.  As for the die cut itself, I left it white.

I added some strips of foam adhesive to the back of the die cut and adhered it directly over the ink blended section.


This turned into a very clean, simple and elegant card that I think could be used for a sympathy card.  However, I choose the "Miss You" sentiment.


I decided it needed a bit more contrast so I trimmed down some black cardstock to create a mat. I added a few black enamel dots and although it's hard to see in the photos, some clear sparkle pen to the tulips.


This is just the most beautiful die and I can see many, many uses for it! Think shaker card or using the frame or flowers by itself!!  

Now onto the giveaway details!!

***Sneak Peek giveaway!***
We will be giving away the sets we are showcasing each day to ONE lucky winner! For example, the set we are showcasing on Wednesday, Emma will announce the winner of that on Thursday & the sets we are showcasing on Thursday, Emma will announce that winner on Friday on my blog! ALL you have to do is leave a comment on each of our blogs! You are NOT required to comment on EVERY SINGLE blog, but the more you comment on, the more chances you have for winning! VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE leave a way for us to contact you w/your comment just in case "YOU" are the lucky winner! For EXTRA entries, you can spread the word about this release on Facebook, tweet about it OR even instagram it! #mycreativetime! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE & let's start spreading the word!;)
Thank you for stopping in today!! I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peek! Trust me, you won't want to miss it :)
Laurie






18 comments:

  1. Wow. This is beautiful. This is simple, yet artistic and perfectly executed. I love how you make it look like anyone can make this. Can't wait for the release!! dtroche@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Miss Laurie What a Gorgeous Card!! Love the white on white is so Stunning and Elegant!! Your inked background is so beautiful!! All of your Brilliant Creative ideas so Showcase today's sneak peak!! You so did a Super Outstanding Creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Yes, very tasteful. Great way to use the Distress Ink as a background. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty, elegant card! Love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This colour palette is so classy. I love the double frame design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the white flowers on the colored
    background. Popping them off the
    card is a great idea. Wonderful card
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Your background is gorgeous!!! vonmariedesign@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card! I think it could be a good sympathy card also...great design idea! I like the layers, enamel dots and dimension.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. so soft and beautiful...love these!!! jeanmheming@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful background to show off that awesome Tulip Frame Die! Lovely sentiment too! Pretty card!
    deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very, very pretty! Love your colors you chose! Beautiful! adnilttoh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty with the ink blended background.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty & sweet, love the background color.

    kirstyvittetoe123@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow !! You’ve made such a gorgeous background !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful, the background is perfect!!!
    amantedelpapel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card! The background is so pretty, and I love this frame!
    gailliz11atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am visit your blog. And also visit more blogs But Your blog post is so informative for me and other visiter. Actually i found Idea Lottery winner related post
    Idea lucky winner 2018

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...