Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Hugs!!

Hello!!!  I wanted to stop in and share a card made using some new goodies from Butterfly Reflections Ink.  This is by far my favourite shop!!  I've gotten spoiled with the ridiculously fast shipping and awesome customer service from Vanessa!!

My last order included the The Crew: The Garden Club Stamp Set and its Co-ordinating Dies.  I've recently become addicted to colouring people and houses. And while I'm currently waiting for my next "house" stamp set to show up, I thought it would be fun to colour in a few images from this set.

I also ordered the Bold Alphabet Die Set a while ago and have never used it.  I'm not sure why because this set is AWESOME!!! Now, while this set is quite pricey, in my opinion it is worth every penny.  These are some big letters that can easily stand alone on your card!

Let's get to stamping and colouring!!  I started by colouring up some flower pots, a table and one of the pretty girls from the Garden Club set.  I used my Copics to colour.  I definitely need help in the skin tone department, but I try :)


I then die cut the letters H, U, G and S from the alpha dies and used some Faded Jeans Distress Inks to get an ombre look.


I got a huge fingerprint on the "g" but hid that later!  Next, I adhered a piece of navy cardstock onto a white A2 cardbase and placed a white mat on top of that.  I foam adhered the letters to roughly the middle of the white panel.


I strategically placed the little girl on top of the "g", this hid that ugly fingerprint. I added the flower pots beside her.


I finished off by adding a few Sparking Clear Confetti.  I was tempted to use a white gel or glitter pen but I resisted.  

I love the way this card turned out and I hope you do too!!


Thank you for stopping by today!!

See you soon...

Laurie






5 comments:

  1. Love this! Your Copic colouring is lovely - I struggle a lot with red. I do love how she is sitting on the letters, hiding a big finger mark is just an added extra :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. The design and coloring are wonderful. I agree with you about Butterfly Reflections Ink. Great selection, prices, and super fast delivery. I order from them all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...