Monday, August 21, 2017

Happy Fall Foxes!!

Hello everyone and welcome back!!  Well, it's undeniable, fall is in the air.  As I looked outside this morning, there are a few leaves on the ground.  I love fall, I just don't like what's coming next :(.

For today's card, I thought I'd use the change of season for inspiration.  This card has absolutely no colouring on it, just stamping and coloured cardstock.  I used one of the super cute fox images from the Foxes Stamp Set and used a couple of brown shades of ink to give it some shading.  Of course, I used my Misti for this!  I stamped the whole image in a light brown ink, stamped then inked only the lower portion in a darker brown and stamped again.  This gives a really pretty effect.  I also stamped the tree trunk and leaves from the same set onto different colours of cardstock. I die cut everything using the co-ordinating dies.


To create my little scene, I did a light wash of watercolour onto a scrap of watercolour cardstock.  Using the centre of the rounded edge label die from the Dotted Patterns Set 1, I gave that strip a really cute edge!!  I used the same die to cut a piece of brown polka-dotted paper and layered the two pieces together.  I adhered all my little bits and pieces to the watercolored piece and the scene was complete!


I was just going to adhere my little label onto an ivory card base but decided it needed just a little extra something.  So, I die cut the rectangle die from the Dotted Patterns Set 1 out of ivory cardstock. I adore all that dotted detail!!  The sentiment come from the Happy Stamp Set which I stamped in a mid-tone brown ink.


To finish off, I used a few sequins from the Autumn Fusion Sequin pack.

Thank you for stopping by today!! Have a great day!!

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...