Monday, July 3, 2017

You're So Lovely

HELLO!!! I hope everyone enjoyed their Canada Day long weekend!  And to my American friends, I hope you have a fabulous Independence Day!!!

I'm sharing a card that literally took me about 20 minutes to make.  I don't normally rush through a project like that but I was super lazy and left it to the last minute. THEN, my sister called and wanted to go to the beach and how was I supposed to say no to that!!?  Thankfully, Katia is super cool and patient with me :)

I started by heat embossing some of the floral and leaf images from the beautiful Together We Bloom stamp set.  And did you know that the CO-ORDINATING DIES were just released!!!  Almost all of the stamp sets have matching dies..how awesome is that??!

I used Silver Pearl embossing powder from Ranger.  It's my new favourite.  It gives such a soft and shimmery look.  White is nice but sometimes can be a little too stark.



I watercolored everything with my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush markers.  I haven't used them in quite some time and now I'm wondering why!  They are so amazing!  


I usually cut my panels down with some sort of frame die, but today I decided to leave it full size so I didn't cut off any of the loveliness.  And as always, I did not think about the sentiment until the very end so to keep it small and simple, I stamped one of the sentiment from the You're So Ranunculus stamp set onto a strip of watercolour paper and snipped the "v" shape on either end.  I foam mounted it in the centre of the card (it helped to break up the leaf overload in the centre).

To finish, I adhered some of the gorgeous Crystal Clear Sequins.



That's it for me today!!  Wishing you an amazing week!!  

Thanks for stopping by!!



1 comment:

  1. A card in 20 minutes that is beautiful and classy? Wish I could do that! You're right about that embossing powder, it really is very pretty and shimmery. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...