Monday, July 24, 2017

Die Cutting and Colouring Birthday Card!

Hello everyone and welcome back! I'm here to share a super fun birthday card for Studio Katia!  One of my favourite things to do is die cut!! There is something so satisfying when you remove that piece of cardstock from the die.  Another one of my favourite things is colouring.  I recently invested in some Copic markers and am loving them!! So, let's check out my project!!

I started by cutting the rectangle die from the Dotted Patterns Set 1 out of some white cardstock.  I knew I wanted some sort of banner on this card so I took the small scalloped edged die and ran this through also with white cardstock.


This particular die is very cool.  It can be used to create pretty slits in your projects to insert gift cards, etc.  In this case, I trimmed it to become a banner shape.  I layered this piece onto black cardstock and trimmed around it to give some contrast...you will see this in the finished card :)

Next, I stamped the presents and party hats from the super cute Kobi the Birthday Bear stamp set and chose some Copic markers.

The presents to the right was a total human error! Please ignore.

I love the shapes and designs on these images! Whimsical and so much fun to colour!  I die cut everything out with the Co-ordinating Dies.


Before I put my card together, I decided the white panel was a little too stark, so I squished some Black Soot Distress Ink onto an acrylic block, added water and using a brush, created some splatters.


I started by adhering my banner directly onto the card panel.  For the sentiment, I white heat embossed "Happy Birthday" onto a strip of black cardstock (the sentiment is also from Kobi).  I snipped one end to make a fishtail banner.  I adhered this on top of the banner.


I placed some black and white ribbon around the top of the banner and sentiment and adhered the panel on to a white cardbase using fun foam.  I adhered the hats and presents in a fairly random order using a combination of tape runner and foam adhesive.


For a bit of added sparkle I used various sizes of sequins from the Crystal Clear Fusion...love these things!!

I hope you enjoyed todays project and got inspired to do some colouring and die-cutting!!  Thank you SO much for stopping by!!



Have a great week!!!

Laurie






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...