Monday, June 19, 2017

Hello Friend Shaker

Happy Monday!!  I'm back to share a sweet shaker card with you today!  I really don't make a lot of shaker cards so this was a fun project!

I started by cutting down a piece of white cardstock using the rectangle die from the new Dotted Patterns Set 1.  I then embossed it using a Polka Dot embossing folder to give it a bit of texture.  To create the frame for my shaker, I took the second and third (from the middle) dies from the Dotted Ovals, taped them together and ran it through my Big shot with some grey cardstock.  I love the dotted detail you get on both the positive and negative die cuts!!


Before I filled the shaker, I stamped the word, friend, onto the embossed panel.  This comes from the And the Fox Says Stamp set.  I used a few Fruit Punch SequinsPink Lemonade Sequins and some Space Silver Sequins for my shaker bits.  I then adhered my frame (with acetate) over top.

I had a scrap of watercolored paper so I took the "hello" die from the new You're so Ranunculus Bundle and die cut it out.  This is the perfect size to adhere over the frame!!  At this point, I thought I was done, but decided it needed a cute, little critter.  So, I stamped, coloured and cut one of the cute lions from the Birthday Lions stamp set.  I foam mounted her just under the shaker element.


And, of course, I added a few more Space Silver and Fruit Punch sequins on the panel as well!!  I foam mounted the panel onto an A2 cardbase and voila!! Done!


Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a fabulous week!!

Laurie



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...