Thursday, March 9, 2017

Studio Katia with Hero Arts!!

Hello and Happy Thursday!!!  I'm so excited because all this month we are collaborating with A Blog Named Hero!!!  What that means is the design teams for Studio Katia and A Blog Named Hero are coming together and using products from both Studio Katia and Hero Arts to create some amazing projects!!
And this month it's all about EMBELLISHMENTS!!!  Now, when it comes to embellishments, no one beats Studio Katia!  There is so much bling in that shop, it would make Tiffany's jealous!!

I created two cards for this collab.  Here is the first one..



I used the Sparkle Borders stamp set from Hero Arts to stamp my background.  I coloured in all the "bulbs" with a purple, green, and turquoise marker.  Then added some sparkle with a Sakura Stardust Pen.  Next, of course, came the Glossy Accents!!  While waiting for that to dry I stamped 3 presents from the Birthday Lions stamp set from Studio Katia and coloured them with the same 3 shades.  I also added some sparkle pen and Glossy Accents to the bow of the presents.  For the embellishments, I used the Crystal Clear Sequins Fusion and some Silver Stars Confetti. ( Just a note on the Silver Stars, this is a discontinued item so it is ON SALE for $1.00!!!!).  I then added a drop of Crystal Stickles to the centre of each sequin.


For my next card, I had to go with a shaker!! Now the products I used for this card were made for each other!!  I started by stamping out the flamingo from the Layering Flamingo stamp set with May's Shades of Pink ink cubes from HA.  I use these A LOT!! They are my "go-to" pinks!! I then die-cut the flamingo with its co-ordinating die.



For the shaker window, I used the Darling Ribbon and Dotted Frames Dies from SK to cut the centre of a white cardstock panel.  Now here is where it gets really fun!!  The sentiment is a combination of stamps from SK.  The sweet "wishing you a pink" come from the Pink Winter set (which also features a flamingo) and the rest comes from the Duo Talk set, including the stars and hearts that are stamped!  For the goodies inside, I used Fruit PunchPink Lemonade FusionPink Winter Mix (minus the snowflakes) and Gold Foil Seed Beads.



I had so much fun making these cards!!  I hope you have a chance to play along with this super fun, sparkly challenge!!  And I should mention that Studio Katia is giving away a gift certificate to the lucky winner of this challenge!! Good luck and have fun!!!

Laurie



1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that pink flamingo. These are definitely nice and blingy and sparkly! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...