Monday, February 6, 2017

Happy Birthday with Studio Katia

Happy Monday!!  How about we start the week off with a birthday card??!  One of my co-workers is having a birthday this week so I decided to make a her a card!!

I chose the Birthday Lions stamp set for my card today.  And I decided to use some of the smaller images to create a background panel.  I used some Bristol paper because my medium of choice today was my Zig Clean Colour Brush markers!!  I haven't used these in awhile and forgot how fun they were!!

I stamped the banner, one of the party hats and one of the hearts from the set with Versamark ink and used my favourite embossing powder, Silver Pearl from Ranger!!  There was no rhyme or reason to my stamping.  I started with the largest image then filled in any spaces with the smaller.

I chose a few happy colors from my 48 marker set and coloured in my images by swiping some colour on the image then blending out with a little water.


I cut the panel down using the largest die from the Darling Ribbon and Dotted Frames dies.  The sentiment die is also from that set.  I LOVE that dotted detail!!

I may be behind the times here but I wanted to add a "nest" of silver thread behind the sentiment. I simply balled it up and used the foam adhesive from the sentiment strip to adhere it down.  To finish this card off, I added some Clear Round Droplets in 4mm and 5mm sizes.



Thank you for joining me today! Wishing you a fabulous week!!

Laurie





1 comment:

  1. Love it! And how come when you do totally random stamping it looks like it was meant to be and perfect? Mine just looks like totally random stamping often with gaps I can't fill! Lol! Love the soft colours, and I'm behind the times too. I've done it once or twice, but it takes me at least 10 minutes to get the nest looking tidily messy.... Lovely to have you blogging so often! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...