Sunday, January 1, 2017

You're A Good Apple

Hello everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  I'm back to share a fun little encouragement card for Studio Katia!!

 I started by stamping the apple image from the Teachers Apple set onto a piece of masking paper.  For this I use the full sticky Post-It Notes from 3M.  They work awesome and they're cheap!!


I stamped three but really only needed two, actually one.  I stamped an apple in the centre of a white 4.25 X 5.5 panel.  After masking off that first image, I stamped apples beside it and then moving my mask each time, I continued until I had a row of apples.


I decided to use my alcohol markers to color these sweet apples.  I was originally going to go for a rainbow theme (which totally would have looked cute) but ended up using greens and reds.  After the apples were coloured, I used the new Darling Ribbon and Dotted Frames Creative Dies to add the dotted detail around the entire card panel and then to cut out the centre of the panel.  These are my new favourite dies!!  I absolutely love the dot detail you get on both the positive and the negative cuts!


I decided to use the banner die as well for my sentiment.  I adhered the panel directly to my cardbase then foam mounted the fancy frame back into its negative place.  I stamped "you're a good" directly onto the banner die using black ink then stamped the word "apple" with red ink onto a scrap of white cardstock.  I then fussy cut around the word so I was able to pop it up on the banner.


As you can see, I added some Clear Wink of Stella to the green apples and the sentiment.  I added some white detail with my gel pen and Glossy Accents to the leaves.  And look at those eyes!!! These are the Googly Eyes in the 5mm size. So cute!!  


And of course some Lipstick Red Fusion sequins!!


Thank you so much for stopping by!  See you again real soon!!

Laurie








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...