Sunday, March 13, 2016

No-Line Watercolor...Mermaid!!

Hello everyone!!  I'm here to share a little no-line watercoloring with you using an image from the fabulous new stamp set, Magical Wishes.  This set is full of super adorable, whimsical images that are majorly fun to color!!!

I'm a rookie when it comes to watercolour, never mind NO-LINE watercolour!!  So, looking back I probably should have used a simpler image to use this technique on.  But I desperately wanted to use this mermaid!!!  This took me probably an hour and a half to color but in the end, I was pretty happy with the results :)



After I was done with the colouring, I die cut the panel as well as a blue cardstock panel using the Fancy Frames dies.  I used my paper trimmer to cut just up to the image then fussy cut around her.  I masked of her lower portion and did some simple ink blending to somewhat represent sand/grass. I die cut 3 clouds from the Sky is the Limit stamp/ die set and adhered those to the blue panel.  I used foam adhesive to mount the focal panel.  And although it's hard to tell in the photos, I used my Spectrum Noir Clear Glitter brush for some sparkle!!  To finish the card off, I used a sprinkling of the Fairy Dust Sequin Mix.



Hope you enjoyed and are able to check out these fabulous new stamps!!

Here are all the products I used:





Hope you have an amazing day!!





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, your card couldn't be cuter! I LOVE the sweet mermaid and you colored her perfectly! LOVE this!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...