Saturday, December 12, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #34 and Card Share

Hello Everyone!!  Just dropping in to show a few cards I've made this past week!  This first one, I'm going to enter in SSSFlickrChallenge #34, which is all about die-cutting.  I love me some die cutting!!  I went through my stash of SSS dies and used one I haven't used before which is the  Sketch Gift die and a few I haven't used in awhile..Frames Dies, the Wishing Die and the Falling Hearts craft die.
I wanted to see if I could make a card using ONLY die cutting..in the end, almost :)
I also, did not, want to make a Christmas card!!  I am SO over that!!
So, I ended up making a birthday card, almost completely die cut and almost entirely out of glitter paper!! The paper I used wasGlitter Silk cardstock from Co'ordinations.



And a close up:

So sparkly!!!  As you can see, I did stamp a tiny greeting under the Wishing die (from the co-ordinating set).

And finally, I'll share just a couple of cards.  Both of these were quite labour intensive, hahaha!

I tried for a tone on tone effect here with my Spectrum Noir markers. Its....okay.
And the last one took me A LONG TIME...I did have to get up and walk away a couple of times.  I started to get bored of looking at the same image for so long!!  But I persevered...


Hope you enjoyed!!!

On a side note, I'm headed out of town for a week. Is it bad that I'm going to miss my craft room immensely???  I've been colouring up a storm these past couple of day to make up for zero crafting time this week...I'm such a craftaholic....

Thanks for stopping by!!

Laurie






1 comment:

  1. I love your tone on tone card - I haven't ever tried that. As for your die cutting, well you have way more patience than I will ever have! Your colouring is absolutely stunning on your flower card. It certainly looks like it took a while because it's so intricately done - the results are very much worth it. Have a good trip out of town. Take some colouring with you - I can't not colour wherever I am!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...