Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Paper Smooches, Clean & Simple

Hello everyone!!  It's almost Christmas and I'm here to share a non-Christmas card.  Quite honestly, I am SO done with Christmas cards!! I had a great time making them and sending them out, but I don't want to color another Santa for at least 10 months!!

I struggle with clean and simple cards, it's a fact.  I love layers, I love thick, bulky cards with embellishments.  But I've been seeing so many beautiful clean and simple cards out there.  One of my favourite card makers has to be Kay Miller...her work is gorgeous!!

I started with a 41/4 X 51/2 white card base to make a top fold card.  I cut a mask out of Full Adhesive 3M Sticky Notes (love them) with the second largest circle from Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles.

I placed the mask in the centre of the card.  I then lightly sponged some Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Ink around the circle and slightly to the diagonal corners.


With the mask still on I stamped the large leaf image and the triple solid dot image from the Relections stamp set from PaperSmooches in VersaFine Black Onyx ink.


I then die cut each butterfly from Butterfly Duet Dies from Paper Smooches on the smooth side of watercolour cardstock.  I used my new Lyra Water Soluble Crayons to color them.



I'm pretty impressed with these crayons, vibrant colors and blend easily.  Plus, they were a gift from my boss!!

I stamped a sentiment from the Sentiment Sampler stamp set in black on white cardstock, then matted it on black.  I adhered the butterflies with a combination of glue dots and foam adhesive to the centre of the circle and placed the sentiment underneath.

And no card of mine, clean and simple, or not, is complete without glitter and Glossy Accents.  I added some Sakura Clear Stardust pen to the "body" of the butterflies and antennae as well as the medium sized dots and applied Glossy Accents over top.



Hope you enjoyed!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Laurie





1 comment:

  1. Doing pretty well on clean and simple - this is stunning! I love the distress inking around the circle. It perfectly frames those butterflies. How kind is your boss to give you those crayons - they look really beautiful. Thank you for sharing a non Christmas card!! Have a very Happy Christmas! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...