Sunday, August 9, 2015

Ellen Hutson Mix it Up with Clearly Besotted

Hi everyone!!  I'm back with a little, bitty card made for the Ellen Hutson Mix it Up Challenge  I'm just gonna say that this is probably my favorite challenge.  I love that you're encouraged to combine different stamp companies products.  Sometimes I feel like its a sin to use these products together in public lol!!  So, when a challenge like this comes along, I get excited!!


I don't have a lot of Clearly Besotted products but out of the few sets I have, I chose the Fancy Feathers set.  As for Essentials by Ellen products, I chose the Wish Big stamp set with co-ordinating dies.

First, I should mention that I decided to make this a blog post AFTER I started the card so the beginning photos are minimal...oops!!
I started with a piece of watercolour cardstock and three Distress Inks:  Broken China, Pumice Stone and Mustard Seed. I stamped one of the feather images on a diagonal.

Next I stamped the little birdie image from Wish Big in Versamark Onyx Black also on the watercolour cardstock.  I tried to color the bird first using the Distress Inks, then my Zig Clean Color Brush pens...without success.
So, paper piecing it was!!  I also, cut the stamped piece with a Stitched Rectangle die from Lawn Fawn.
My card base is grey so I die cut a word bubble out of the same cardstock as well and the watercolour cardstock and stamped the sentiment..Shake Your Tail Feather.
As I did a dry-run putting the card together, it seemed kinda dull so I added a piece of twine around the lower portion, added some white pearls (I'm really diggin' pearls lately) and popped everything up  with foam adhesive.  Here is the final result...


Hope you enjoyed!!  Stay Crafty my Friends...xx


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...