Friday, June 26, 2015

Up, Up & Away

Happy Friday!!  So I've been playing with a lot of my new stamps and dies lately. A lot of Simon Says Stamp products (www.simonsaysstamp.com) and Ellen Hutson products (www.ellenhutson.com). All of which I absolutely adore!!  But, I may be alone alone here but I actually start to feel sorry for my older sets, the sets I haven't touched for awhile.  So I started flipping through my PaperTrey Ink (www.papertreyink.com) sets and came across the Up, Up and Away set.
This is such a great set and it has been ignored for a long time!  I knew I wanted to use my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers today and then thought some masking would be fun.  I stamped and masked the balloons to create my seen and white heat embossed on Canson watercolor paper.
I also created masks using Inkadinkadoo Stamp Masking paper.
Next I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and a blending tool to lightly color the background.  I die cut a mask out of typing paper with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Clouds dies and reinked over it to create "clouds".

Now this is wear the fun starts! I chose colors of the rainbow to color the balloons.  I love these markers!!!
Now you notice the red, yellow and orange balloon?? That one will not be in the finished card.  It was the first one I coloured but after colouring the other ones, I didn't like the way it looked.  To finish the card I cut the watercolored paper and a light blue piece of cardstock with a Stitched Rectangle die from Lawn Fawn and adhered them together.  I cut the banner for the sentiment from the Pinked Edge dies from Lil Inker Designs and stamped the sentiment in Simon Says Stamp Slate ink.  I adhered the banner over the little balloon to hide it.  Topped it off with some Lawn Fawn twine and some inexpensive enamel dots from Michaels. Also, can't forget the Wink of Stella!!  And here's the finished card!!



Hope you enjoyed!! 

Until next time, Stay Crafty!!


Laurie








2 comments:

  1. This card is FABULOUS! Thanks for the "how to."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments Tricia Ann!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...