Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Card-Making Day

Hi everyone!!  It's a bright and sunny Sunday but its cool and windy...so I decided to chill out in my craft room today (go figure).
I needed a birthday card for a co-worker this week so I thought I'd show you the process.  I've had the Simon Says Stamp Adult Beverages stamp set for quite sometime now and have never used it...am I the only one with unused stamps/dies laying around??  Please tell me I'm not!!
Its a very basic stamp but the possibilities will be endless!  It also has co-ordinating dies but I don't have them.  I felt like doing some basic heat embossing with watercolour so I stamped the wine glass and cork images in VersaMark on some Tim Holtz watercolour cardstock and heat embossed using white embossing powder (SSS).
I picked Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concorde for my "wine" colours and Brushed Corduroy for the corks.


I then used Pumice Stone to fill in the background.  Once that was dry, I spritzed the entire panel with a mixture of water and Perfect Pearls for an all over sparkle.  I also couldn't resist and added more sparkle with my clear Wink of Stella to the wine only.  Then, because no card is complete without Glossy Accents, I added that to the entire wine glass and waited for it to dry...
For the sentiment I used the Basic Banner set from Clearly Besotted and heat embossed the "happy birthday" in Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder and cut it out using the co-ordinating die.
So, now as I got ready to assemble this card I noticed this...

A beautiful purple ink splotch on the inside of the card base....(I was testing out some purple pigment ink that I thought I could use for the sentiment), grrr.  Easy fix, I just cut a panel of cheap, white, thin cardstock and adhered it.
Now, here's the finished product,
I just adhered the watercoloured panel onto some plum coloured cardstock (I think its Stampin' Up), placed the sentiment and added another wine glass (also wink of stella'd up)!

Hope you enjoyed this card!!

Stay crafty, my friends!!

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment!

Featured Post

Patterned Paper and Coloured Cardstock

Hey friends and welcome! I wanted to share a fun shaped card with you using dies from Pretty Pink Posh and Scrapbook.com ! I've been a l...